A pregnant woman (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Having a baby is one of the most exciting things that can happen to a couple. For some people, the process of getting pregnant is not a problem and it just happens naturally, but other couples have a little more difficulty, and this can often lead to frustration and the blame game. That’s never a healthy outcome, so I’m going to provide a list of some of the best tips for getting pregnant that couples can try out.
Many of these tips are going to have to do with understanding how your reproductive cycle actually works. I’ll talk about a good conception position that couples can try out, as well as the need to pay attention to your health. There is nothing more exciting for a couple of then finding out that they are pregnant, and it is indeed a complex and awesome process, for we are indeed fearfully and wonderfully made. Listed below are seven of the best tips on getting pregnant.
1. Become aware of when you are most fertile – Typically women will start to ovulate around two weeks before they have their next menstrual cycle. As an example, if the woman has a cycle that lasts 28 days, then the most fertile day would likely be on day 14 counting from the first day the last menstrual period started. The math would be the same for either longer or shorter cycles, just cut it in half and when you reach that center point of the cycle period, give it a go.
2. Monitor your basal body temperature – Many people believe that monitoring your basal body temperature is a good way to determine when you are ovulating. This is going to require the purchase of a basal thermometer, not expensive, so that you can keep track of the changes in your body temperature each morning when you wake up. It’s important to do this at the same time each day, and to take the temperature from the same area, which can be orally, vaginally, or rectally. The main thing to look for is a temperature drop of around 4 degrees, which is a good sign that it’s time to give it a try.
3. Check for cervical mucus – Probably one of the best tips for getting pregnant is to monitor your mucus discharges each day. Typically when a woman is ovulating there will be an egg white like discharge that will indicate the ovulation. This can be a really good indicator if you are paying attention to the other factors that have been listed above and they all line up time wise.
4. Use the traditional missionary position – While this position may not seem as adventurous as other positions, it is a proven way to ensure that the semen has the best possible chance of getting to the uterus and uniting with the egg. It makes sense when you think about it. Another good way of encouraging the semen to go where it’s supposed to, is for the woman stay on her back for a few minutes after the man ejaculates, which allows the sperm to hang out a little bit longer, thereby increasing the chance of conception.
5. Quit drinking and smoking – As I mentioned earlier in the article, it’s important to keep yourself healthy in order to optimize your chances of getting pregnant. Alcohol and smoking can cause damage to developing fetuses if by chance you do become pregnant, and this is something you definitely want to avoid.
6. Take high-quality nutritional supplements – Staying in line with keeping healthy, it’s important to maintain the proper amount of vitamins and minerals that our bodies need each day. Opting to take some of the cheap once a day vitamins is probably not going to do you any good, and will only waste your money. Make sure that you find a very high-quality broad-spectrum supplement that is going to meet all of your dietary requirements above and beyond the foods that you are eating. Taking in all the essential nutrients like antioxidants, neuronutrients, enzymes, bioflavonoids, and amino acids are all going to help in keeping you healthy and will encourage fertility. You should also make sure that nutrients like alpha lipoic acid, L-Carnosine, and acetyl l-carnitine are taken.
7. Live a lifestyle that is healthy – If you wish to get pregnant, you’re going to have to keep yourself healthy. This is going to include eating a diet that is sensible, adding in some quality nutritional supplements, getting enough sleep, keeping your stress levels low, exercising, and maintaining a healthy weight.
Last but not least, in your attempt to get pregnant, you need to quit focusing on just that and enjoy each other. The anxiety and stress that comes from worrying about it too much can contribute to infertility, so stop it and have fun.
When you finally do get your hearts desire and become pregnant, you’ll be able to go through the pregnancy a lot easier if you are healthy and taking care of yourself than you would otherwise. This is not only going to benefit you alone, since you being healthy is going to significantly increase the chances of your baby being healthy as well. That makes it all worth it.
Share and Enjoy